Completing your member profile is one of the most important first steps in getting the most out of your BNI Connect experience. Having good descriptions about your business, keywords so that you can be found by other members, BIO and GAINS profile, and a professional photograph and logo all help to enhance the VCP (Visibility, Credibility, Profitability) process.
You can watch a "Deep Dive" video of this process or scroll through the individual steps below
Log Into BNI Connect and Go To Your Account Settings
Your Profile Pages
The Main Profile Tab
- To change your name, click the button. Depending on the policy in your region, this may need the approval of your regional office and\or leadership team.
- To change your company name, click the button. Depending on the policy in your region, this may need the approval of your regional office and\or leadership team.
- The VAT Reference Number is mostly used in some European countries to track the company's Value Added Tax ID.
- Your Industry and Classification will be listed. This field is not directly editable. To make a change to your category, please speak with your chapter leadership team or Director Consultant.
- Your current chapter and membership status will be listed for information purposes. To make a change, please speak with your Director Consultant or Regional Office.
- The My Business description is a place for you to briefly explain your business. This field is visible on both the public web profile as well as the member only portion of BNI Connect. This field accepts an "embed code" if you wish to put a video from a source such as YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo.
- Keywords are used in the searches on both the public websites and the member only portion of BNI Connect and will help you get found when people are looking for your services.
- After making changes, be sure to hit the UPDATE button to save them.
The User Profile Tab
- You may choose any username that you would like as long as it is unique in the system. We recommend using your email address.
- Passwords must be 8 characters long and contain at least 3 of the following 4 things: CAPITAL letter, lowercase letter, number, and special symbol.
- Choose your preferred language. Note that the language setting also affects settings such as the way dates are displayed (MM\DD\YY or DD\MM\YY) and certain terminology within the system.
- Choose your timezone so that events and other items are displayed in the correct time setting.
- If you have made any changes to the Q&A, Language or Timezone, press the UPDATE button to save your settings.
- Click the Change Profile Picture or Change Company Logo to upload a picture from your computer to be used for display on BNI Connect.
The Contact Details Tab
- Choose your overall website visibility preference. If unchecked you will be completely HIDDEN from the public websites. Note: this will override all individual "Show on public website" settings.
- The Quick Copy is used by administrators when sending postal communications. This is a read only field but is taken from the billing address below.
- Insert all of your contact details into the appropriate fields.
- You can choose which individual pieces of information you wish to appear on the publicly accessible national, regional and chapter website profile.
- Insert links to each of your external social media sites. Be sure to copy\paste from those sites and include the http:// when saving.
- Choose which address you would like displayed on the public website and fill in the appropriate address details. Note that the regional office will always use the billing address for postal communications.
- If any changes have been made to this page, click the UPDATE button to save these changes.
The Account Settings Tab
- Choose your preferences for which parts of your profile are shared with other members on your MEMBERS ONLY profile within BNI Connect.
- Once you join or create discussion groups in BNI Connect, you can be notified of the activity in these groups. If you are an active moderator or creator of at least one group, we recommend "Every time a new post is added".
- If you have roles in multiple countries, choose which format you wish to receive your communications in.
- By default, BNI Connect will send all notification messages to the email address on the contact details tab of your profile. If you wish to receive your social media notifications to an alternate address, enter it in this field.
- Choose which social media notifications you wish to be forwarded to your regular email address.
- If you have made any changes on this screen, choose UPDATE to save your settings.
The BIO Tab
- Complete your BIO. This information contains information about your personal history and interests. This is the same form that your Leadership Team uses before a 10 minute presentation at your chapter meeting.
- BNI Connect can store up to 2 commercials on your profile. These can add visibility and credibility to your membership as people can view these when they look at your members only profile on BNI Connect even though they may never visit one of your chapter meetings! The commercials are visible only on your members only profile and via the Member Details report shared with your chapter members.
- The GAINS profile is important credibility building information. Be sure to complete this information so you can do a GAINS Exchange before your next 1 to 1 meeting! The GAINS profile is visible only on your members only profile and via the Member Details report shared with your chapter members.
- The TOPS profile helps to share information about goals and accomplishments in your business. The TOPS profile is visible on the public websites as well as the members only profile and chapter Member Details report.
- Be sure to click the UPDATE button frequently when editing this page to save your data.
What's the best to print a copy of the BIO/GAINS/TOPS profile? When I try using the print button the report has scroll bars in the different sections, which truncates the information..
The best way to print out the Bio\GAINS\TOPS for yourself or for another fellow chapter member is through the MEMBER DETAILS REPORT:
Hope this helps!
Is it possible to add a file or presentation to a profile? For example the presentations from conferences?
How can I add gallery photos? I've done it before, but can't seem to see how to upload now?
There is a Gallery associated with every member's Profile that is perfect for displaying samples of your work to assist in demonstrating your products and/or services.
The Gallery itself can be found under the 'Photos' tab on the menu bar directly under your Profile photo ... it is the third tab from the right.
To upload photos to your personal Photo Gallery, you will want to access the main menu on your Profile Page:
-> go to Network > Picture Gallery
-> click on the <Upload> button
-> click on the magnifying glass button to locate the file on their computer that you are trying to upload
-> add a Title and a Description
-> and then click on <Submit>
Hope that this helps ... if there are any further questions, please let us know.
Have a great day, and thanks!
Larry Brand Sr
Jeremy, I met you at the conference and really enjoyed your presentations. I have a internet company that sends me referrals in Springfield. I shared with them how BNI works and BNI Connect. When they need a contractor in a town where they don't have a partner they call me and I find them one through BNI Connect. My only problem with BNI Connect is half our members aren't using it. Their profile is woefully inadequate, if they even have it filled out. Half don't list the cities they service. If I type in Nixa Mo, a part of Springfield I get 14 members, Springfield Mo 30, Rogersville 6, even a business owner in Rogersville does not show up because he has not listed it in his key words. I share this with you because I know how hard you are working at training members, we need it!! :) Is there a way for me to share this video on our BNI Facebook page?
@Robert - great to hear from you! Indeed - it is a powerful tool once people begin using it. You are absolutely welcome to share the video by using this link:
Thanks a bunch and have a great week!
Hello everyone. This is my second BNI group. I left BNI for personal reason and am glad be back. It is a great a great marketing tool. Easy and friendly way to make friends and build a clientele. Good luck to all.
BTW let me know if your looking for a service plumber in Northe East Ohio.
Why can I not change my email address on the contact details page?
Thank you Larry! Problem solved! Bye from Italy
how do i add Testimonials of others.. the page does not show me anything
Jeremy - THANK YOU FOR UPDATING THIS to the new brand - it is a great tool to send to all of our members that need that gentle NUDGE!!! You rock!!
One of my DC's did this schematic for me to send out too, which easily shows which tab does what...
Please sign in to leave a comment.