Entering visitor information for your chapter is a very important function. It allows you to utilize BNI Connect to track and report on your visitors, follow up and communicate with your visitors, and finally to convert visitors into a new member for your chapter.
This article explains how to enter the details of a person that has visited your chapter but did NOT pre-register to attend the meeting.
- Go to Operations > Chapter > Manage Visitors
- First check to see if they has pre-registered and mark attended if they are using this procedure:
Managing Prospective Visitors and Marking Attendance
- If not pre-registered, click on Record a Visitor (Post Meeting, Not Preregistered)
- Search to see if the person exists in the database
- First search is by email - if found, click ADD, if not....
- Second search is by name - if found, click ADD, if not...
- If STILL not found, click CREATE NEW to generate an entirely new record in the system
- Fill out the form details.
- Anything with a red * is mandatory.
- Pay special attention to the GIVE INVITING MEMBER CREDIT IN PALMS. This should only be checked off if it is an eligible visitor (someone who could submit an application) and it is their first visit. Return visitors, existing members, substitutes, and other guests should not be marked for PALMS credit.
- NEVER use your own or a fake email address.
- Click SUBMIT to complete the process or SUBMIT AND NEW if you need to enter another visitor.
This video is available as a complete training for full credits and CEU's on BNI Business Builder as a lesson in the "Deep Dive" training series.
If you do not have access to BNI University, here is an excerpt (not valid for credit or points)
STEP BY STEP WALK THROUGH
First we want to check to see if they had previously registered. Click on Manage Visitors > Manage Registered Visitors & Mark Attendance and check that list. If they are there, mark them attended through that process. If not, come back and click to the next step.
Click on Manage Visitors > Record A Visitor (Post Meeting, Not Pre Registered)
In the next few screens we are going to search to see if this person has a record in BNI Connect from a previous membership, visit, or event attendance. Whenever possible, we want to record all of the activity for a person in one place to have an accurate history. Please always use a valid name and email and never use your own.
SEARCH ATTEMPT 1: Search by Email - Person FOUND!
Search by email - if it finds the person, click the ADD button to continue to add a visit instance to this person. This will pre-populate the next screens with any known information for this person, minimizing data entry!
SEARCH ATTEMPT 2 - Search by Name
When searching by name, you may wish to try different versions of the name if it has more than 1 version. For example Mike and Michael or Jake and Jacob.
Search Attempt 2 - NAME FOUND
If the name is found, click the OPTIONS icon to review their details to be sure it is the correct person
Click the ADD button to use this person, or click back to search results to review other matches
Add a Visitor - Data Entry Screen
Most of the data entry screen is straight forward information - just fill out the form with all known details. Fields marked with a red * are mandatory. A few important things to note:
- You cannot change the email address at this point. If you entered an incorrect, fake, or your own email, you should go all the way back to step one and start with a new search.
- When checked, Give Inviting Member Credit in PALMS will present this visitor for approval as a 1 in the V column of the PALMS for the inviting member. If unchecked, it will still record the visitor details in the database, but not pass along the credit. It is important that this is only checked for first time eligible visitors to the chapter. An eligible visitor is someone who could submit an application for consideration. If the person is a repeat visitor, an existing member of another chapter, a substitute, or a guest, this option should be unchecked.
- If enabled, you can search cross chapter to select the person who invited them. Note that that person will not get PALMS credit for a cross chapter visit, however it will be useful in determining a sponsor if the visitor becomes a member later.
When complete, click on Submit. If you have a list of visitors, you can click submit and new to start the process with a new entry.
Copyright © BNI, All Rights Reserved