One of the great things about BNI Connect is that it brings the entire BNI community together in one place. Besides the ability to view another member's profile and connect with them, BNI
Connect offers another great online networking opportunity through the discussion groups.
The groups in BNI Connect are a way for BNI members and directors around the world to get together and have discussions, share ideas, and even pass referral opportunities. There are currently hundreds of groups active in BNI Connect. Some of the groups are industry specific, such as "Attorneys for BNI", "BNI Information Technology Consulatants" and "BNI Chiropracters. Others may be dedicated to geographic areas, such as the "San Fernando Valley Networkers" in California or "BNI Appeldoorn" in the Netherlands. There are other groups that can help you improve, like the "Presenting Like a Pro" and "Chapter Growth Coordinators" groups.
Whatever your area of interest, the groups in BNI Connect can help you to learn more and connect deeper with like minded BNI individuals around the world.
1) Follow These Quick Steps:
- Click on “My Network”
- In the “Groups” box, select “Manage”
- Click on the ADD GROUP button.
- Create content for your group!
2) Watch This Video!
3) Visual Guide:
Configure Your Group
- BNI Connect users may create a maximum of 7 groups. You may participate in an unlimited number of groups.
- Enter a name for the group.
- Choose the Type of group you wish to create. An OPEN group will be listed publicly and open for anyone to join and participate in. An INVITE ONLY group will be hidden from searches and can only be joined when the owner or moderator invites members to the group. A MEMBERS CAN INVITE group will be hidden however all group members may invite participants to join the group. Note: system administrators and HQ have visibility to all groups in BNI Connect.
- Describe the nature and purpose of the group.
- Choosing a language will let people know the primary discussion language of the group for descriptive purposes. Messages will not be automatically translated.
- Select people from your connections whom you would like to invite to the group upon creation. This list is a multi-select - hold down the CTRL button while clicking to select individuals or press CTRL+A to select all of your connections.
- After reviewing your details, click SUBMIT to create your group.
Copyright © 2014 BNI, All Rights Reserved